Our in-depth tenant verification process is unmatched in the furnished monthly rental industry. With criminal history checks, credit reports, and tenant interviews, we stand behind our tenants. We want you to trust our tenants as much as we do, so we are willing to put our money where our mouth is and offer up to $50,000 in rent payments for any tenant that does break a lease. The Rent Guarantee is in place to protect rental home owners (referred to in this document as “Host”). You can rest easy when you have a 2nd Address tenant.
For all cases of property damage, the Host should first attempt to resolve the complaint with the tenant. In case of an emergency, police should be called first, then contact your 2nd Address representative.
The terms of this Rent Guarantee are as follows:
1. A GUARANTEE IS IN FORCE WHEN:
- The lease for each dwelling unit covered by this Guarantee has been signed by Host with 2nd Address listed as broker or 2nd Address as tenant.
- Lease has been signed by tenant
- Agreement is entered for each lease, not a blanket guarantee for Host or rental unit.
- Lease is legally enforceable
- Host has not breached the lease in any way
- This Guarantee does not mean 2nd Address assumes other liability for tenant
3. PAYMENTS DUE TO THE HOST UNDER THIS GUARANTEE INCLUDE:
- Stated rent according to the lease agreement up to $50,000
- All fixed rate fees included in the lease, including fixed rate utilities cost, cleaning fees, etc.
4. THE RENT GUARANTEE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Utilities paid based on usage
- Damage to unit, see Property Guarantee.
- 2nd Address payment is contingent on Host’s full cooperation in renting unit at a rent rate no higher than the rent rate payable by the defaulting tenant to any replacement tenant reasonably acceptable to Host based on the Host’s normal and customary tenant standards
- If 2nd Address overpays Host for rent, Host will reimburse until equal to balance due.
7. Deposit To Pay Rent
- Deposit will be used first to cover rent and damages before 2nd Address pays remaining balance up to $50,000.
8. Subject To Change
- The Rent Guarantee only covers the original term of the lease (not extensions) and is subject to change between leasing periods.